Monday, January 30, 2012

Hats off to Hat Day

Friday was Hat Day at school.  We celebrated in the Library by reading I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen.  This fun story was a hit with all ages.  If you haven't read it yet--please do.  It will make you giggle.  My first graders couldn't stop saying, "No, I have not seen your hat." Click here to see the trailer.

In sixth grade, we have been working on creating glogs using Glogster (an online interactive poster). Students have been learning about Mezzo American Cultures in Social Studies. Their teacher and I collaborated to identify what resources students need to show on their Glog.  This week I taught students how to make an iMovie using the computer to record their learning on one topic area. We had a lot of fun experimenting with all of the things iMovie can do. What fun to see students so actively engaged in their learning. My only downside was seeing myself live on a giant screen--multiple times. Movie star I am not. Students will insert the final movie into their final glog. 

So far, students have made a practice glog where they can try out the different techniques of Glogster and iMovie (We knew they would want to play around, so we let them). They inserted the practice movie that they made onto their practice Glogs. Many students have been working on their practice Glogs at home. Way cool. Look for links to our completed projects soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment