Thursday, December 29, 2011

Caldecott Challenge

My life as a reader just got more interesting. My friend and fellow librarian LibLaura5 called me yesteday afternoon with another of her great ideas! We were so excited to try reading the Newberys--but being the busy moms and librarians that we are, she knew we needed something a bit more manageable to accomlpish in one year. Thus the Caldecott Challenge was born. Being the friend and reader that I am, when she asked me, I quickly jumped on board to help her cohost a Caldecott Reading Challenge on our blogs.

The goal: Read all Caldelcott Books and Honor books in 2012 and blog (and tweet #nerdcott) about our progress along with other readers.  I invite you to Join the Challenge over on Laura's Blog.

I can't wait to get my hands on some of those beautiful picture book.  It is going to be a lot of fun to read these books.

This is a stress free challenge--so join us--read what you can, or what you want.  Just READ...and enjoy the beautiful pictures too!

1 comment:

  1. Ah.... You and LibLaura5 are starting to pile on the pressure! I don't want to be left out- and I don't know if I can do it! I can't stand the idea of seeing all those #nerdcott hashtags all 2012 and not playing along..... what to do...

    ReplyDelete