Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Katherine Applegate Author Visit

When I found out that Newbery Award winning author Katherine Applegate was going to visit our school, I was overwhelmed with emotion. She is one of my favorite authors and writes such beautiful books. Wow! What an honor.

And, what a great day it was! Applegate talked with us about her process and doing research to get into the character of Ivan. She showed us lots of information about Gorillas and the real Ivan. She also talked with us about finding books we love to read and writing. She answered a lot of our questions too. We all loved her presentation.



Ms. Applegate was gracious and a lot of fun to talk with. She also signed a lot of books! Kids at Brimhall love Ivan!

Here are a few videos about Ivan the Gorilla--there are even more online!

1 comment:

  1. Do you know if Applegate charges for school visits, or Skype visits? I tried looking on the One and Only Ivan website, but it said she was on sabbatical from doing appearances and had no information. My students LOVE this book. It was a promo from our bookfair and I cannot keep it on my shelves!

    ReplyDelete