Sixth graders have been leaning about the Voyageurs in their Social Studies Class. For their final project, students were asked to journal in the voice of a voyageur.
Students typed their entries up in class, and I worked with them to create a blog. We learned that:
- Blogs are a more informal way of communicating online
- Blogs are like a journal with newest entries on the top of the page
- Blogs are used for many reasons (hobbies, teaching tool, journal...)
- Blogs are a way to publish online-- some people are even paid to blog!
- Blogs are a type of digital media and are interactive
- Blogs are fun and easy to make