|Families learning together|
It was a western wear optional evening--so notice how we are all dressed up!
|Ms. McCormick with Blaze.|
We created and asked teachers to help create stations around math and reading. At the event-- families were welcomed with a free deck of cards and dice to keep to use for math games at home. A delicious dinner of tacos (sponsored by the PTA) was served to all. After dinner--siblings were taken to free childcare. We then had choice stations for kids to attend with their families:
- Database Scavenger Hunt in the computer lab
- Everyday Math Games--3rd grade room/4th grade room
- Math Games on the iPad
- Bonus library book check-out
- Reading around the campfire with your parent (I pulled a lot of great picture books--and had a campfire up on the SMART board).
- Make your own trail mix (measuring practice) (reading directions)
- Estimation Jars
- Symmetry art project
Our kiddos then performed a quick song, and we did a raffle for gift certificates for the spring book fair. It was a busy and FUN filled night.